The Inc. 5000 is an annual list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the United States. The Inc. 5000 is ranked according to the percentage revenue growth over a four-year period. With technology like Tag Inspector at our fingertips, we decided to crawl the websites of the top 1000 companies in the Inc. 5000 list, and therefore find the Top Marketing Tags that the fastest-growing businesses are using. Note- this post was previously posted on the blog of infotrustllc.com.
The percentage above represent the raw count of each tag divided by the total number of tags found on every page scanned. Below are some key findings:
- Not surprisingly, Google Analytics “takes the pie” with 17% of all tags firing on all pages scanned. Everyone wants that valuable data, and it helps being a free product!
- Social Media tags represent the second, third, and fourth most common tags firing, with Facebook, Google+, and Twitter respectively.
- Interestingly enough, Inc. 5000 companies don’t seem to favor Pinterest, which represents less than 1% of all tags firing. LinkedIn falls in the middle of the social networks at 2.2%.
- Tags in the digital advertisement spectrum take third place behind analytics and social media tags. DoubleClick, AdWords, Right Media, Microsoft Atlas, AppNexus, and AdRoll all have significant market share.
- Behind Google Analytics, the only other analytics platform to make the list was Quantcast, at 1.73%.
With a simple “export to excel” feature, this is just one example of how Tag Inspector can be used for gathering market knowledge, competitive intelligence, and even lead prospecting.
Posted by James Love