Recently we have been fielding a lot more questions about tags, pixels, data collection, and tag auditing from a less technical audience. This means that tags are finally coming out of the dark corners of your website and are more of a focal point for marketing, media, and technology teams!
It also means that more people need to gain an understanding of exactly what tags are, how they work, why they’re important, and what needs to be done to make sure they keep behaving nicely.
Over the next couple of weeks we aim to help with better understanding by putting together a comprehensive series to cover all things tags and pixels. The Master Guide series will include:
- What tags are – A technical overview for the non-technical audience about how tags and pixels function, why they are there, and how you can see them in action.
- How you can troubleshoot tags and pixels on a site – An introductory guide to identifying and fixing any tag/pixel issues on a site.
- Completing a Tag Audit – Ready to take a deep dive into the tags deployed on your site and prepare for a clean-up? We’ll help you here!
- Creating a Tag Governance Policy – The key to ongoing Tag and Pixel Management. How to define what can and should be happening on your site to monitor the proper function of all platforms at all times.
- Managing tags using a Tag Management System – An overview of the major players in the Tag Management System industry and how a TMS can make your life easier when it comes to managing your tags and pixels.
- Migrating to a Tag Management System – Chosen the right TMS for you? We’ll help with a comprehensive overview of the migration process: what to check for and how to put the plan in action.
- Monitoring proper tag behavior – Once the clean up is complete, how you can keep the tag and pixel dream going and not let them become a nightmare on your site.
Stay tuned and let us know in the comments if there are any other tag and pixel related topics you’re interested in seeing added to the series!